Since the moment I laid eyes on
you, I realized that I was given the most dutiful responsibilities. I was given the gift of life, and the duties
of watching over it, with care, nurture, and protection. My responsibilities are to teach you, while
providing you nourishment physically, mentally, emotionally, and
spiritually. It is the informative years
that I am to teach you manners, respect, and self-value as I lay the foundation
for the development of your character.
Simultaneously, you are helping to stretch me, to challenge me, and to
make me more aware of my responsibilities and capabilities
I am writing you this letter,
because although you may not be mine by birth, you are mine because you are the
future. You are the generation of life
for the future and you are expected to achieve greater things than your
forefathers. But there is an important
thing you need to know. You need to
know that there are going to be times when your skies will seem dark, and there
are times when they will be as bright as the moon on a clear dark night, when
it illuminates the earth below it. You
should also know that there will be people who love you and will support and
challenge your growth. Others will be
envious of you. The envious ones will be
a stumbling block or an attendant at your arena in life, watching, judging, and
waiting for your performance to fail. Do
not be discouraged nor afraid, because you were born with all the things you
need to overcome, but first you must believe!
You have to know that everything
you have come against, everything that will come your way, will all be a test
of your endurance, and a contributing source to your strength and
victories. You must believe that you are
a winner, as your perception of yourself is what will shape your vision on
life. The shape of your vision will
directly affect how you see the obstacles that come your way, and more
importantly how you respond and there effect on you.
Do not get caught up in the drama
of envy, tangled in the web of deceit, or trapped by jealousy. Your gifts are unique to you, and ONLY YOU
can put them to work for the better of mankind.
You have something that the world needs and I need you to live out your
full potential so everyone can see it.
Be patient with yourself and others, because life is a life-long
process. Those who have been victors
know that they are not in a race with anyone, and lean on their gifts for wings
to soar. Which is exactly what I want
you to do! Flap your wings furiously and
fly my eagles. Soar to new levels and do
not be afraid, because you are never alone.
What we do not tell you as parents
is that we too stumbled. We are adults
who started similar to yourselves, and if we did not, we know someone who
has. If I can leave you with anything…remember
that no one ever born into this life dreams of being homeless, on drugs, or
selling themselves for a living. It is
the failure to take advantage of the opportunities you have that allows life to
make the choice for you.
Remember you are the future and YOU
Do Make a Difference!
Thanks for Reading and Remember "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are!" ~Theodore Roosevelt
Analyze That
No comments:
Post a Comment