To My Sister,
I love you! Today as
I was driving home I saw you carrying anger and watched as your posture spoke
defeat. I wanted to stop (my heart said
to stop), and let you know that it would OK, but I didn’t have the courage to
do it. The decision to keep driving
sparked a burning desire to write it down and make it plain, all in hopes that
my confession and my desire to find you and tell you this now will not only
encourage you, but will ignite a flame of light to our dark paths as sisters.
Life with all its choices along with the freedom we have
been given to choose has assaulted our being and robbed us of joy. We have been hit with the repercussion of our
choices. While exercising our freedom of
choice it seemed good at the time, but most often the choice we make on our own
free will has turned out bad, and by the time we figure it out, here comes
another reaction as a result of an early action. And yet again we cry, we hurt, we yell, we
scream, and then we move on, or at least that is what we think we do, move
on. We find ourselves angry with our
relationship choices (the wrong best friend, the wrong man, the wrong person we
entrusted with our hearts), angered by the aftermath of our sexual indiscretions. While others of us have wounds from our
childhood afflicted by the adults in our lives who left impressions of
worthlessness, disappointments, resentment, or abandonment. Without even realizing it we picked up the
face of anger and we carry and emanate this poison toxin through our own daily interactions.
I wanted to say when I saw you that I understand. I wanted you to see in my smile that on some
level I have been there, I am here. I
wanted to remind you that you are special that you were created with purpose, with
cause, with a mission that you and only you can do. Moreover I wanted you to know that we have
been given the authority to take control over our lives. We possess the power to control the energy
we give, and that which we choose (a choice) to receive. Yes, I know that some of you are thinking
that it is easier said than done, or even that you were thinking you were doing
it all along until that moment a choice leads you into another bad decision,
but I am here to say that it is ok! It
is difficult for us to change habits because of their influence on our
character, but it can be done. We can do
it! We have the authority over our lives to speak it into existence and usher
it into our lives.
So my challenge to you my sister is to smile more. We need to smile and encourage one
another. Let us be standard
bearers. Join me in taking back our
homes, educating our babies, encouraging our men, and reclaiming our position
and role as a daughter, a sister, a niece, a cousin, an Aunt, a friend, a
Mother a wife, as a Woman and all that in between. By being a unit of standard bearers I am
convinced that our children will thrust for knowledge, our men will raise their
heads and their pants will follow, and our communities will begin to heal and transform
its self. The choice is ours. We can
continue to perpetuate the vicious cycle of anger and defeat. Or we can work at healthy relationships,
which in turn will help us to eliminate the senseless murders of our babies at
the hands of one another and that of strangers, helping us to combat our
declining hunger of knowledge, and addressing the exploitation of our
bodies. The time for action is NOW. Now is the time! Let us band together and be Standard Bearers!
Do I still have your attention? Do you know what it means to be a standard
bearer? Being a standard bearing woman
means that we have to uphold ourselves, our children, our family and friends
accountable, while setting an example to which we are being held accountable. It is a bit of work but WE can do it! Let us be conscious of what we support on
television, what we accept from the entertainment industry. Which means we should no longer fund artist
and their albums that support misogyny (hatred) of woman . We should refrain from forwarding or
supporting YouTube videos, Worldstar sights or other cyber platform that
degrade, insult, and/or casts negativity.
Being a standard bearer means being aware of where we shop, what movies
we support in theatres, the company (individuals) we keep in our midst, the words we speak over
our lives and into the lives of others.
It means we need to be aware of verbal and non-verbal actions. My sister, I know that it may sound
overwhelming and you may even be wondering how can you- just you, make a
difference? But I am here to say, We can
do it! My life is an example of someONE being a standard bearer. I would not be here if it were not for HIS
BEARING the STANDARD. I call HIM Jesus,
but HE IS known by other names. What do
you call HIM?
Until we see each other again, smile, laugh, and pray. Whatever you do remember that change starts
with one person at a time and that person, is you! Be the change you want to see!
Love Always
Your Sister
P.S. Please do not hesitate to share your thoughts or comments. What can you do from right where you are to make a difference? And on a a more macro level, how can we help?
AnalizeThat
No comments:
Post a Comment