I can hardly believe how quickly time passes by. Whether you are engrossed in life as a student or working adult, whether you are a woman or man, mother or father, sister, brother, lover or friend, time is the one thing that we can not control. If we are given the present of the day, we are allotted the same number of hours, and what we do with that 24 hour period is solely our responsibility. So often with my calendar, my reminders, my task list, no matter what I input, how often a chime rings, it never seems like enough time. Wouldn't you agree?
I find my self reevaluating often the things I spend my time on, because you know what they say..."tell a person what you do with your time and they will tell you about your values." And the last thing I want to do with my valuable time is waste it on non-essential things in life. The realization of possibly wasting my time on non-essential things forces me to really evaluate the "who" and the "what" I spend my time on. I have found over the years that I had to offload some people and things that were not healthy to my journey. Have you ever experienced that feeling?
It is such a delicate place to be, when you recognize you are outgrowing someone or something that at one time in your life was important, or at least it seemed important. And as we expand and grow so does our thoughts, desires, wants, and needs, which I have come to accept as being ok. I stopped feeling guilty most recently for that feeling or desire to let go off. It can paralyzing if we do not recognize and accept that growth in life is a continuous thing, and it is OK to grow in areas of our lives. It is also scary because growing sometimes means we have to leave our comfort zones to experience unfamiliar things. As we reach the home stretch of 2013 I am ready, I am reaching, I am open for the challenge, and I am looking forward to what is to come. What about you?
Thanks for Reading and Remember
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are!" ~Theodore Roosevelt
AnalizeThat
No comments:
Post a Comment