Thursday, November 21, 2013

Finding Peace



What I am learning about life is the soft balance that must be maintained with respects to everything and anything you can imagine.  There is a perfect balance which in the right moment creates a harmonious place of peace.  Have you ever reached that equilibrium of life?  Even if for a moment, have you?

I have come across that balance which is very short lived, but none the less is what I work for each day that I am presented with another day of life.  Yes, I try to reach a harmonious equilibrium, which sometimes means for someone else in my life, that I cannot be there right now, do that right now, or help out right now.  It sometimes means I need to pull away from the everyday demand that keeps me busy with stuff, but is not necessarily helping me to reach my high-level  of productivity.  Sometimes that harmonious peace means that I may have to tell people exactly what I think about their thought, opinion, or task completion.  Yep, sometimes to reach my point of equilibrium I have to change and modify some stuff in my life.  That means I may have to look at myself in the mirror and say, “What are you doing? Why are you doing it? How will it benefit others in the end?, and scarier is that I have to be honest with myself and listen.

Sometimes we get in the way of our own peace, by being busy meddling in what is going on in and around our lives. Wouldn’t you agree?   My great-grandmother always said, “look at the pot calling the kettle black,” when someone was pointing a figure at someone else.  Or another one of her say, which I think I liked most was, “don’t throw stones, when you live in a glass house.”   We are quick to judge and insulted when we are judged, what a coincidence.

So as we move through life let us be mindful of the power in our words, the impact of our actions, and the outcome we want to see in our future.  Let us take full control over those things that we can, and watch in amazement as we find more points of harmonious peace in our day to day living.  And for those of you who have conquered the lifestyle of peace, please feel free to share, I am certain we all stand to learn from one another.


Thanks for Reading and Remember...

 "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are!" ~Theodore Roosevelt

AnalizeThat

No comments:

Post a Comment