Sunday, November 17, 2013

What Does It Mean To Be a Woman...



When I think of what it means to be a woman, I think of my ancestors, I think of the little girls I pass in the street, I think of my daughter, my son’s,  my choices.   My thinking does not stop there.  I think about my mother, my aunt’s, my uncles, and the male interaction I have had along my journey.  To understand what it means to be a woman it is only natural for me to begin at the base of my journey, and that begins with a Higher Power bigger than you and I.

My family was chosen for me.  Hand-picked because the ingredients needed to make me, me, only they were able to provide.  Funny how that goes, even funnier is the fact that while we cannot pick our family, we can our friends, and even then we do not make the best choices.  Being a woman of quality means that I am living and learning from a lineage of individuals that demonstrated strength, courage, and hope, while their determination has helped me to become who I am today.

Being a woman of quality means that I carry myself with respect, dignity, integrity, and openly.  It means that I teach as I breath, that I love as I breath, and it means that I live because I have work to do.  My responsibility is to cultivate, educate, and lead by example.  I am responsible for being the vessel that brings life, and through me gives life.  I am blessed with the responsibility to teach love from the beginning of life.  Yes, that’s right, before my womb is even filled, I am responsible for who I choose to receive semen.  I am responsible from the first moment my child is in the womb to teach love, to nurture, to listen, to speak with understanding, and to be protective.  My child’s life begins in me.

My external responsibilities require me to give life to my community, to help my brothers, to build with my sisters, and together to be a unit that cannot be broken.  Being a woman to me is knowing that I cannot solve all problems, that I am not all knowing, that I am not God, but a woman made through His image of man and Himself.  No matter what your background, your pathway, your struggle, your religion, we are woman and men given life to make a difference.   Take a moment to reflect on your journey.  Remember the people who have lived so that you may live, and consider your life and how you live, so that the life after yours may live.

What does being a man or woman mean to you?
 


Thanks for Reading and Remember...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are!" ~Theodore Roosevelt

 AnalizeThat

No comments:

Post a Comment