To My Family –
I miss you! I look at
our photo albums and I see strong men , woman and children. I see a family with values, integrity,
dignity, and hope. I see pictures where
it appears that there was little in the background of the pictures, but smiles,
with an abundance of poses that said nothing was going to stop us from rising
to the top. We just look focused, determined,
and prideful. Now, I look around and I
am not sure what I see in our pictures. There
is an absence of dignity, a decline in integrity and our smile…they seem to be
unreal, and the background appears to be busy with things.
I am looking at some photos and the woman are half dressed,
leaving nothing for the imagination, while the men…are their pants down? No it can’t be? Why would their pants be down
if they are not in the process of dressing or undressing, or using the
bathroom? Are the children in the picture
dressed in matching outfits, distinguishing who is a girl and a boy, based on
the woman and the man?
When will we sit around the dinner table again
regularly? When will we have heart to
heart conversations about life, its struggles, the responsibility to take
ownership, make good choices, and accept the consequences that come when we
make irresponsible decisions. When will
discuss the values of finances? Saving should start when there is thought of
another life, and continue until the last breath on earth is taken by man.
I want you at dinner: I need to see you more, to talk to you
more, to hug you more, to tell you I love you more. I cannot survive with you. You are what helps me be the person I am, and
without you, how can I survive?
I look forward to our next photo album. I
look forward to seeing that smile of confidence, determination, dignity, and
pride in just being who we are as men, woman, and children living in a world
where we are connected. If you have
time, take a look at the photo albums for yourself and let me know what you
think.
Until our next dinner…keep your head up high, keep your
focus on the vision of your future and our future as a unit.
I love you and I hope to see you soon.
Love you always!
Thanks for Reading and Remember...
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are!" ~Theodore Roosevelt
AnalizeThat
No comments:
Post a Comment